Carrick High School Twentieth Anniversary Edition 1926-1946
From Carrick-Overbrook Historical Society
- 1 A special edition of Carrick High School's yearbooks. Also included in this section on one of the pages is A History of Carrick High School.
- 1.1 Especially interesting is the listing in photos and descriptions of those young men who gave their lives in World War II, including their age, what they were doing before enlisting and where and when they died or were missing in action.
- 1.2 Carrick High School Memorial Day 1946,
- 1.3 This edition is very moving in that it contains photos and short biographies of the young men who were lost in World War II. The short biography of each includes where they died, how they served, where they lived in Carrick and Overbrook, and their age. Having this photo along with a biography makes each one's death very personal. This section also makes one think of what these men would have accomplished in their lives had they returned and makes their lives much more meaningful to read.
- 1.4 There is an entry of two brothers who gave their lives within one month apart, one in the Pacific and one in Italy. For the family of Robert K. Robbins and William V. Robbins the news surely was tragic. Their father was also an instructor at Carrick High School. At the time this book was written the memory of these students was still very much alive.